As we all know that iTunes music is under DRM copy protection which is called "protected AAC" with the file extension of ".m4p". That means iTunes music can’t be played in other devices except for the Apple products such as iPad, iPod, iPhone, iTunes, etc. TuneClone M4P to MP3 Converter comes out exactly to solve this problem. It can remove DRM copy protection and convert M4P to MP3 together with iTunes. Then it can be compatible with other media player or mobile phone.
(1) Remove DRM protection from iTunes purchased music files with a few clicks via a virtual CD burning approach.
(2) The converted DRM free music files can be played back on any media player, such as PSP, Cell Phone, Pocket PC, PDA, Creative Zen, etc.
(3) Convert M4P to MP3, M4A to MP3, AAC to MP3.
(4) Convert music collections at high speed.
(5) Preserve ID3 tags for artist, album, title names, artworks, etc.
(6) Compared with real CD-R or CD-RW disc, TuneClone virtual CD burning uses the maximum writing speed and music files can be converted at a very high speed.
(7) Designed for Mac OS X users and fully compatible with the latest OS X Lion.
(8) Full support for iTunes 10.
How to Use TuneClone M4P to MP3 Converter
I will share my personal experience with others. I will take Mac version as an example.
1. Install TuneClone M4P to MP3 Converter
2. Make settings in the converter
Run the converter, and click the top-left "TuneClone -> Preferences…"a window shown as below will appear. Reset the "Path" and "File Names".
3. Make settings in iTunes (iTunes 10)
Create a new playlist and import the songs ready to be converted. And rename the new playlist as well.
Right click the playlist you just created and choose "Burn Playlist to Disc".
In the pop-up dialog of "Burn Settings", make settings as below.
Tips: Choose the "Include CD Text" to preserve the music metadata such as name, artist, album names, etc.
4. Start to burn
Click the "Burn" button to start burning.
5. Find the output files
After the conversion is completed successfully, click the "Reveal in Finder" button to find the output.
Tips: If the total length of the files in the playlist exceeds what a real CD disc can hold (about 79 minutes), the following message will pop up. Just choose the "Audio CDs" to continue the conversion. Finally, the output files will be stored in several folders.
When the burning started, TuneClone will automatically convert the iTunes music to MP3 files. You can open the TuneClone manager screen to check out the burning status.
According to my experience, the most important step is to choose the CD burner. Then the software can convert files automatically. It is especially easy when lots of files are ready to be converted.
"TuneClone is a very clever program and quickly converted my Mac iTunes files. Very helpful to output my purchased music content to Amazon Cloud for use across my devices."
"I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I had 1500+ songs and would have taken over 100 CD's and countless hours with a traditional Burn & Rip method. Thank you for a simple software solution. I can now use these songs on my phone and other personal uses. I am one very happy customer. I've already posted on my Facebook page how simple and great this software worked for me."